Sunday, March 23, 2008

San Antonio

Sorry I've been neglecting my blog. I'm still alive. And...

After a whirwind trip to San Antonio I'm back home safe and sound, Thank God.

We went to Sea World, the boys had a great time. Johnathan (the 4-yo) really loved Shamu and got a stuffed Shamu to bring home. Christopher (the 6-yo) apparently has a favorite part of when he went on teh kiddie roller coaster and got a new T-shirt.

Saturday, we went down to South Padre Island to the beach. The water was cold, but not too cold for kids! My oldest enjoyed himself quite a bit for a while, but then got sand in his eyes and was miserable. He went back in the water briefly, but mostly stayed out crying because of the sand. My youngest....well he didn't have a good experience at teh beach. He was scared of the waves, but we got him to wade in and jump on the waves. Well, he squatted down right as a rather large wave hit and washed over him. It got in his face, and that was that. He was D-O-N-E done. We had to go build sandcastles. Really it was jut a mound of sand, since we didn't have any buckets or anything. I managed to coax him back into the water to wade, when the wind hit him just right and knocked him backward into a wave again. That was the end. No more. He has decided he does not like the beach.

I was glad to see the ocean again, even if it wasn't the Atlantic where I'm from.

No comments: