Monday, January 18, 2010

Christopher and Chess; Johnathan (and Dawn) and Bowling

Christopher is doing really well at chess! He went to his second tournament and won two rounds (they play 6). Granted, he's not Bobby Fischer, but he's doing pretty great! He just needs to 1) not forfeit! and 2) seal the deal. When he gets down, he forfeits thinking he can't win. What he can't seem to understand is even a stalemate is worth points! So you never give up!! Plus, I told him to make them work for that win!! Secondly, he often is in a position to win, but can't quite finish it off. So, the coach said they'd try to work with him on that. but, he was happy. He is probably going to go to a couple more tourneys before the end of the year!

Johnathan is bowling and is doing really well. It's his first time without bumpers. His high so far is a 66. I think that's pretty dang good for a 6-yo with no bumpers!

Dawn is also bowling and is on the HS team. She is kind of on by default, but she is improving. She has bowled in one meet and will be bowling in another next week. She's doing pretty well, though. I'm trying to be sure to keep her motivated. She is discouraged because she has the lowest average on the team, but she'll get better, and she is just a freshman.

So there's our sports update. :)

1 comment:

Healthy Lifestyle said...

Hello, I find your blog today.have a nice day.