Monday, February 15, 2010

It's been a while

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been busy, but also just really didn't want to talk about stuff much. We are having a hard time with the school who continues to insist Christopher has no problems or issues, despite having suspended him now because they pushed him and pushed him and engaged in a power struggle until he threw a pencil. So, they suspended him. They did finally admit maybe a 504 is in order and set up a meeting, only to have the Special Services Director for the district "suspend" that action because I had filed a complaint with the State-last I checked, that's called retaliation and is illegal. Guess I'll find out. It's just been very stressful.

Mom had a heart "event" of some kind last week, leading to a two-day hospital stay and another heart cath, but they didn't find anything significant. Still, three hours of severe chest pain, several shots of morphine, nitroglycerin, and all that good stuff later, she's feeling better. Goes back for a stress test today.

Johnathan is wanting to play chess for teh school now. He is going to go to the chess team meeting on Thursday and they will play and see if he's ready for a tournament. That'll be fun. :)

Christopher went to another tourney on Saturday-he won one round and had a draw on another round. Unfortunately, he just doesn't seem to be able to go in for the kill. But, he didn't concede or forfeit any rounds, and that makes me happy. He had to try HARD not to as his anxiety was pretty overwhelming. But he made it nonetheless, and I am happy for that. He has another tourney on the 27th. One of the things he had a meltdown over was the clocks. With his OCD "tendencies" sometimes a change freaks him out, and they changed his clocks and that almost led to a forfeit, but they allowed him to switch clocks. I am going to purchase him one as they are allowed to take their own clocks, so I'm going to get him one of those so that he always has the same clock, so we can avoid that. They're not that expensive, and if it can allow him to participate with less anxiety, I'm all for it.

Dawn is done with bowling pretty much. I think they still have the JV tournament, but that's it. She has improved but is still very inconsistent. She needs a lot of practice. I think she also needs a new and heavier ball, so we're going to see about getting her one.

David got good news...he has hearing loss, but the ENT is pretty certain it is from fluid in his ears and that when that fluid goes away, he will hear fine!! If it hasn't gone away by 6 months, we will put in tubes so that he is hearing by 6 months. They say that hearing by 6 months means no language development delay, so that is the goal.

He is growing great and nursing like a champ now, and of course I'm thrilled about that. I am able to put him down a little bit more now, although he's still pretty clingy. Thank God for slings! But, he is doing really well all in all! :)

Kenn and I are also doing well. Kendra (Kenn's daughter) will be coming up for Spring Break and we are looking forward to that. :) She was here for christmas and met David, but I'm excited to have her see him again now that he's a little bit older. Now if we could get Jamie (his other daughter) here, we'd be a full family.

So, there's my lengthy update.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hoppes said...

Glad for the update. I am really sorry for the problems you are having with the school. Sadly, this seems to be a nationwide phenomena. I will be praying for you and for a resolution that will best help your son get the help he needs. (((hugs)))

Theresa said...

Sorry you've been dealing with so much, Sarah. We should get together again soon. Take care!