Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's a Good Morning Beautiful Day

Wow, sometimes life just throws us for a loop. I sit here this morning on my new netbook with a baby that is just grumpy as hell. Nothing makes him happy and I wonder why on God's green Earth I thought this was a good idea! Then he finally settles and nurses, and I remember! This morning, I am blessed to have Jeter still with us after he decided eating rat poison seemed like a good idea last night. I gave him milk (the only thing I had that might slow the absorption) while I called the vet then rushed him in. I am $132 lighter, with more outlay coming next week for follow up, but he is doing ok. Have to keep giving him Vitamin K as d-con causes mice to bleed out basically. So we have to keep giving him Vit K to stop him from bleeding internally. Poor critter. I feel terrible, as I thought I had all the poison picked up from our mouse invasion last year.

I can't believe David is 9 months old already! At his appt a couple days ago, he was 26 inches and 17 pounds. Pretty much in the 5th percentile, although his height is actually "less than" 5th. lol Poor little guy gonna be short like his daddy! Oh,and his mama. Was hoping to get some of that tall gene from Kenn's family. His dad was tall and his twin brother is tall! But alas, it looks like we may be out of luck!

I really want some of my coffee, but I can't reach it while baby is nursing. *sigh*

Bandit is still here, too...amazingly. He is 13.5 years old! He and Mojo go for their shots today at the vet's. Gonna have to leave here in a bit.

Ahh...just had Christopher hand me my coffee. Man it's nice having a kid old enough to order around a little bit! lol David is trying togo to sleep but isn't quite getting there. I hate that!

Timothy is one I haven't talked about much (my nephew). He is doing well. He graduated in May and is heading off to college next month. He had planned to live in the dorms, but apparently they weren't proactive enough and he is on a waiting list.

Kirsty also graduated in May, and I'm very proud of her! She is also heading off to college. She plans to rent an apt with a couple roommates. She has had the same job for two years and plans to keep it when she heads off. Her mom and stepfather are getting divorced, and I feel bad for her. This is her third go-round with divorce, but she is handling it well. She is most concerned for her brothers up there. Hopefully it will all work out well, though.

Matthew (my other nephew) has been having some trouble--but I anticipate that it is largely simply growing pains and teenage hood. Let's hope he doesn't end up in jail before he grows out of it!

Dawn is visiting her grandma this month. I have to admit the house is significantly quieter with her not here. Much less discontent and yelling. I am going to have to find a way to make that stop when she comes back. I can't handle it. She seems to think asking her to do the dishes (with a dishwasher, no less) is entirely unreasonable. But, she did pretty well last year at school...she failed Spanish, which she didn't want to take, and she failed Music Appreciation--another she didn't want to take. She seems to think if she doesn't want to take it, she doesn't have to pass it. That doesn't fly with me. But, she got largely As and Bs otherwise, with a C interspersed in there. She will be back on the 12th to gear up for her sophomore year. She also finally obtained her learner's permit last month. Yikes!

I don't think I told you last time that Rich's mother, the boys' grandma, died last month. She was diagnosed with cancer and was gone less than three weeks later. Christopher pretty quickly associated it with my mom's cancer, but we explained that they are very different.

Baby David won't stop trying to grab the computer so I will sign off for now!

No comments: