Wow,I can't believe it's been that long since I've posted!
The kids have been out of school and are getting ready to "go" back. I say "go" back because we have decided to do virtual school for this year. I don't know how long this will last, but Christopher was pretty much destroyed by school last year. I am going to try to work with him, get his confidence back, see what we can do. Poor guy. That said, he is doing a TON better over the last couple of months. We went to Worlds of Fun...he rode the MAMBA for heaven's sake...and the Prowler. He was incredibly proud of himself for riding these scary rides! I am proud of him too. Kendra and Johnathan even rode the Mamba, too. Johnathan wouldn't but right as we were leaving the park that night, decided that by golly if Christopher could do it, so could he. That's my John-John.
So, I have enrolled them in the K12 program. We will see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, I can always return him to a brick and mortar school.
Mom has undergone surgery for the lung cancer. She lost half her lung, but is doing well. She does not need oxygen any more than she did before (when she sleeps). The pulmo surgeon believes he got all the cancer!! I mean, YAY! She sees the onco on the 30th. He will follow up over the next few years with PET and CT scans. I'm so happy, though. They tested lymph nodes and she was clear there, too. The crazy thing is that she wouldn't be here if she had not been so anal about always getting her test reports. She had an anxiety attack or something way back in February and went to the hospital thinking it may be a heart attack. They did a chest X-ray while she was there. They told her it was normal, everythign was fine, see ya later. She requested the report on the X-ray. In that report, it mentions a "Shadow" that should be followed up on! She took that to her regular doctor, who did, indeed, follow up, and there was the cancer. Now, had she not gotten that X-ray report, she'd be Stage IV and on her last legs right now. The cancer had already spread within the lung and the doc says was on the verge of spreading further. I am flabberghasted that no one told her what this report had said in the hospital. Thank God for small favors and her "anxiety" attack though.
Kenn was promoted to Lead PEtty Officer yesterday! We are both so excited! I'm a little worried because this means more responsibility. More responsibility means more room to screw up! lol But, it also could look very good for making Chief.
Baby David's language development has improved. He squeals some now. He still isn't really putting consonants together with vowels or anything, but he's definitely making progress. I still don't think he is hearing well, he often doesn't respond to his name. But, he is responding to vocal patterns better.
On the gross motor front, the child is MOBILE. He army crawls wherever he wants to go, and he's quick. He consistently gets into the dog's food and water bowls if we don't watch him. I set up obstacle courses and he scales them like they're not even there! I have a smart problem solver on my hands!
Jeter, the dog we got for Christopher, is coming along. He's learning slowly but surely. He needs work on excitement, not jumping, and still pulls on the leash. He has learned sit, stay, shake, down, leave it, and kennel. He's only 11 months old, though. I am told we cannot expect him to be fully trained until about 2 years old.
Well, there you have it. Man, I'll really, really try to update more. This summer has been mega-crazy. Christopher and Johnathan (and I) went to Cub Scout Daycamp. Christopher shot a BB rifle with amazing accuracy! He earned his NSSA badge. He did very well at archery as well. Johnny needs some work. lol Christopher and Kenn went to Webelo camp...Christopher's first overnight camp! He had a ball and says next year, he can go by himself! We'll see. Johnathan is too young for overnight camp this year, but can go to Big Bear Camp next year. They both played baseball this summer too. Christopher has improved a ton and now usually hits the ball when he's up. He has found a position he really likes--catcher. Johnathan likes to play in the dirt. Then, of course, there was Worlds of Fun, camping, etc...and the summer has FLOWN by!
Thanks for reading!
1 comment:
You have been crazy busy! I hope they change with school is good for the boys!
Post a Comment