Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sorry.

I'm so sorry it's been so long. I've been so overwhelmed and tired, and just didn't feel like blogging much about it.

First, David is 7 months old yesterday-and his first two teeth just popped through!! (the bottom two). He is sitting up on his own. He's not yet crawling or scooting, but he's close! He rolls back and forth. He is still Mr. Grumpypants and likes being held most of the time. He's eating solids, but still nursing often. The ENT is a little concerned that he's not babbling and "talking" a lot-but his hearing seems to be okay now, and we are hoping he just needs to catch up now that he can hear. At his 6-month check, he was 14 pounds, 9 ounces! Still pretty tiny, but almost three times his lowest weight.

Christopher has been determined ineligible for special services at his school (big surprise). We are doing an independent educational evaluation, and I finally insisted and complained and yelled loud enough to get him a 504. I think they had a hard time arguing he needed accommodations--considering they were already giving him a ton of them. We'll see how the IEE goes. He is all kinds of excited about school being over-and about becoming a WEBELO. The Crossover ceremony is tomorrow, and he will officially be a Webelo--the transition years between Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. Christopher turned 9 on May 1, and we spent his birthday at the Scout Family Campout. We went to Chuck E. Cheese later that week. I can't believe my first-born is halfway to adulthood.

Johnathan is doing great!! His first tooth that he lost has come back in, but is crooked, so I suppose I should start saving for orthodontics! lol He has done very, very well at school and his teacher is very impressed. His test scores are coming back very well. He moves on to 2nd grade next year and I just can't believe it! Johnathan moves on to a Wolf Scout tomorrow.

Both boys got "fauxhawks" last week-although Johnathan's kind of sucks because they cut it so short you can't hardly tell it's there.

Both boys are playing baseball again this year, so we'll be at the ballpark a lot! :)

Kenn is doing well-we're considering having him try to terminate shore duty and deploy. That will be rough, but I can hang.

Mom is doing okay with the chemo. Her platelets are way down, so we're not sure if we can do the final round that they wanted to do next week before surgery. We should find out on Thursday for sure if they want to do it.

Timothy (my nephew) GRADUATED on Thursday night!! I'm so thrilled! There was a time I didn't think it would happen, and I'm SO SO SO proud of him for getting it together and gettin' 'er done! :D He is heading off to college next year and I couldn't be happier!

KIRSTY is graduating on the 30th. Also so proud of her! She also is going to college. YAY!

As for me--I'm .. well, I'm here. I'm having a hard time getting through each day. I hurt a lot, headaches, joint pain, muscle aches...I don't get a lot of sleep. Either I can't sleep, or David is still waking up a lot, so there's that. We don't really know what the problem is. I'm having big-time issues with blood sugar, and sometimes it spikes to high enough that I'm essentially unable to function. I have an appt with a new endocrinologist on June 1. My endo left town, which makes me so sad because I really liked him. It was a nightmare finding a new one, but hopefully this one I found will be good.

I will try to post more often now.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hoppes said...

I am praying for you. It looks like "things" are going well, but you aren't. Give me a call anytime. Leave a message if I don't answer and I WILL call you back. (417) 559-4958