Saturday, October 23, 2010

David is ONE

Yesterday was David's birthday. I cannot believe it has been a year. Life and time has flown by. He is crawling, cruising, but not walking. He is babbling a little but no talking, no waving. He is in speech therapy twice a week, and they work on that. I'm sure he'll catch up.

Christopher and Johnathan are both bowling. They are each carrying averages in the high 50s with no bumpers. Johnathan borders on 60. They rock. :)

I am actually doing well unmedicated right now. My stressors are down without being married to Rich, and I get away some. I bowl on a league each week and Kenn is good about giving me some time.

We went to KC to Worlds of Fun in July. The kids had a ball! Christopher, Johnathan, AND Dawn rode the Mamba!! I cannot believe C rode the Mamba! He also rode the Prowler, Timberwolf, and the Spinning Dragons, but backed out of the Patriot. He was not comfortable with his feet dangling below him as the Patriot is an inverted coaster. He was soooo brave and tried things I never thought he would! He has improved tenfold since school ended.

Teaching the boys at home using K12 is going well, too. We are starting our own chess club next week. I am really glad. When C gets better, we will put him back into a Brick and mortar school, hopefully. He is really struggling with math though. We take 4 days to do one lesson. No way they could do that with him in school. And they didn't try.

Dawn is doing pretty well, I suppose. She is doing ok in school and is definitely better with David. She treats him better and is a bit more involved and protective of him.

So we are having his b-day party here tomorrow, which means I need to get moving and clean up!

No comments: