Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WAVING Bye-Bye!

Baby David today waved bye bye! He's a little late with it, but he GOT it. And he repeated it several times! Appropriately! He did both the whole arm wave, as well as just the open and close the hand wave!!

AND, in addition...yesterday, I was trying to get him to bring the ball. He was looking at me like I'd grown too heads and clearly had no idea what I was saying. So, I signed "ball" and he went and got it and brought it to me. He did this several times as well.

He is finally starting to communicate. Not verbally still, and he still doesn't seem to understand what I'm saying (though he responds to voice, tone, noises, etc), but there is some communication coming!!

The speech therapist today said that could be indicative of a processing disorder, though...that he's understanding visual cues, but not verbal ones. It's a mixed bag of emotions to be so happy that he's communicating, but concerned that it could mean my worst fear-that he has some form of Autism. But, wayyyyy too soon to say that, and he's doing other things that would NOT be indicative of it. The therapist said they can have a processing disorder without Autism.

No comments: