Thursday, January 13, 2011

And the hits keep coming!

Well, sadly 2010 didn't lead to greater things in 2011 yet! Things keep happening to everyone I know and/or love! My parents' car lost its brakes (although thankfully it did not lead to a wreck), their car's windshield wipers went out (again)...both on a trip to NC. My brother's tire went flat on his way to work and ruined the tire. My nephew's batter in his truck died. Geez. I did get another Durango, and now have a car payment. Just what I want. *sigh* Now David is coughing and sounds like he may have a URI. Everybody I know has pneumonia. Or gout. But I digress.

We are booked for Dawn's Sweet 16 on March 19 on Carnival. I cannot wait. My parents are coming and that makes me even more excited! I have prepaid gratuities, and shore excursions and the cruise is paid for. All that's left is spending $$!

And....well, I booked the whole family on a cruise in January 2012 on the Carnival Conquest! The boys are wicked excited! They have wanted to go on a cruise since they found out we are taking Dawn.

We are also going to Colorado for summer vacation. We will pull our camper up to Canon City and we will visit Pike's Peak, Royal Gorge, Garden of the Gods...and then Dawn and I will go horseback riding while Kenn takes the boys and Kendra whitewater rafting! Those two things will occur on alternating days so the non-adventure-party can stay at the camper with the baby. Taking the camper and "roughing it" a bit will save us hundreds of dollars, if not more. Our family size requires two hotel rooms any time we go anywhere, so taking the camper is even more important! So glad we have one we can use for things like that now.

The boys and Dawn are all doing well in school.

David has finally said his first word--BYE BYE. He is very close to walking and takes a few steps here and there as well. He now waves consistently! He is starting to catch up I think..I hope. Now to get him to sleep through the night. Because he still doesn't do that...and he's awake right now for his midnight snack. So, I must run.

Happy 2011 to you all!

1 comment:

Tina Michelle said...

Hey, you stole my blog entry title! LOL I hear ya on things just going wrong so much. The cruise sounds great though. I hope you have fun. And I hope everything else dies down and gets along more smoothly.