Monday, April 25, 2011

No idea!

Ih ave no idea how people that blog every day do it. I start to blog, then I decide I don't have the energy tonight! And then, BAM, it's been three months. Then I have so much to talk about, I don't have the energy tonight!!

K, so first, Mom's cancer has returned and she has now completed another round of chemo plus radiation this time. We will not know the results for a month or so and find out if the tumor has shrank. It is inoperable and is in her mediastinum.

That meant she had to cancel her cruise with Dawn and me for Dawn's sweet 16. Well, Dawn and I went, and we did have a great time. Went to Progreso and Cozumel. We got to swim with stingrays, snorkeled, and rode a double decker bus for a tour of Progreso. A medical office visit there is 10 pesos ($1). With prices like that, maybe we wouldn't need "national health insurance." We could all afford to pay our own damn way! Stingrays were really awesome,a nd the ship, the Carnival Ecstasy, did not disappoint. I don't care if people call it "Walmart of the Seas," I think it's a kick-ass bargain and a kick-ass ship. I didn't find much to complain about. But t hen, I go in with a mind of having a blast and don't let much bug me.

We are scheduled for a family cruise on the Carnival Conquest in January. Hopefully Kenn's work schedule cooperates or we could be screwed.

David still is not sleeping through the night, although he did wean while I was gone-so I nursed David for 17 months. That makes Christopher nursing for 7 months (having to stop due to the melanoma and supply problems), Johnathan nursed for 26 months, and David for 17 months. I think I did pretty well for my three babies!

David is, however, still determined to be in "Severe deficit" for speech and communication. His raw scores have tripled since six months ago, but his ability score (in comparison with other children his age) is still in the bottom 1%. Unfortunately, his therapist said the "A" word and said she would not be surprised if he picks up and starts talking and all seems well, then at Age 7 or 8, we get "Asperger" or "PDD" diagnosis. Great. But I'm trying not to jump the gun and we'll just hope he is just stubborn. Will monitor closely though and at least I have more tools now than I did with Christopher to make sure he gets the help he needs when and if he needs it.

Now, mom and daddy and I are going on a cruise in 11 days!! We are going to cruise on the Carnival Triumph. Mom wants a do-over. She is done with treatments and slowly gaining strength. I am hoping she has enough strength and energy to enjoy the cruise when we go. Each day seems to show some improvement.

Upon my return, I have promised mom I would visit a cardiologist. My heartbeat continues to be way too fast, and now I am retaining water for no apparent reason. So I need to get on that appointment.

I am doing ok without my meds. I feel a tad jumpy, a little moody. The stress levels are doing okay though which means not too much cycling. I go a little nutty with the cleaning here and there (a stress response), but for the most part, I am doing well.

I don't know how long Bandit will be with us-but then it seems I've been thinking that for some time. Today I started feeding him canned dog food. He has lost enough teeth that I don't think he's eating enough. he is losing some weight now, and clearly having trouble navigating the two steps out the door to the back yard. There's no way we can PCS with him. But then, we have until next year to worry about that.

Well, there you have it-three months of updates, yet nothing much to say. School continues to do pretty well for both boys-their virtual school created an IEP for Christopher, to include modifications to the curriculum and additional supports built in.

Off to bed I go!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Good to hear all your updates. You forgot to say you're smoking hot in a bikini. Have fun on your next cruise!