Wednesday, May 25, 2011

More diabetes?? Autism? What more can we add in here?

What a crazy life. Today I took the boys in for physicals for Scout camps. The dr examined Johnathan, looked at his lack of weight gain, and considered Johnathan's telling her that he feels "lighter and lighter" and ultimately, after some questioning, determined he is saying he is getting light headed. Not just after standing, just randomly lightheaded. She now thinks he may be having some sugar issues and has asked me to check his sugar. Christopher's endocrinologist believes he has monogenic diabetes...which is generally genetic. Freakin awesome. J is almost 8 years old. C is 10.

David's therapist did an autism risk assessment last week adn told me the results this week. David is 19 months old,a nd the risk assessment shows him in the "of high concern" area. Now, this is not JUST a test for classic autism, it also includes risks of other pervasive developmental disorders, such as PDD-NOS or Asperger's. Nonetheless, this is a lot to process. This test is far from diagnostic, but now we are trying to get an appt with a developmental pediatrician who will examine him after he turns 2 in October.

I had a good chat with a friend tonight over a couple margaritas. My husband adn I love each other and are committed to one another, but we are in a bit of a rough patch. It was so nice to be able to go share a margarita and chat with someone that not only is not judgmental, but understands as she has had similar problems. I do have trouble opening up too much to friends because often, and I think it's human nature to do this, but I don't want my friends to think my marriage is awful! It's not. It's just not perfect right now either. So it's nice to have people you can talk to. :)

We are to be moving in April next year but have no idea where to. I dread it. It's like I've finally found a few folks around here I can hang with now and then that don't require a lot of "maintenance." Maintenance is why I don't have many female friends-many get all upset because you didn't call them yesterday, or you couldn't go out on Friday. I'm not good with that kind of stuff. I need female friends that are independent and don't get mad if I don't talk to them for a week! I have a couple of those types of friends now, and now I have to move! And start all over! ugh Not to mention I will be moving away from my brother. My parents, I think, are going to go where I go, but I will be leaving my brother and two nephews. :( That makes me very sad.

I am also very sad and upset about the Joplin tornado that ripped through Joplin on Sunday. One baby, a 16-month-old, was ripped from his mother's arms, and his body was found today in a morgue. I can't even imagine. That's not much younger than David and I can't imagine losing him that way. Sometimes nature just effing sucks. Such beautiful innocents, taken in such an awful way. RIP Skyular Logsdon.

No comments: