Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Aunt Willa Mae Hartley

9:04 a.m. August 16, 2011.
Willa Mae Hartley went to meet Jesus.

Aunt Willa was born 12/29/1931. She was nearing 80 years old, but there was no "feeble old woman" there. Aunt Willa went to CA on a bus trip last month. She had plane tickets to Seattle for next month. She had bus trip tickets for New York in November. She lived. She loved life. She lived "alone" but she wasn't really. Her sisters depended upon her. She hosted dinners, she went dancing, she went on trips. She lived. I can only hope to live like she.

Aunt Willa, we were not all that close when I was little, but the last several years as you've visited, I've felt more and more in awe and more and more close and more and more respectful of your life and what you did and whom you touched with your life. We love you, and I will miss you-we all will miss you. You are Mater. There will never be another Mater.

I know you had the faith of Job, and I know that you are in Heaven now, telling Jesus and God what you think about everything there is to think about! We will miss you, and we love you.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sarah.