Monday, November 14, 2011

Orders and David

We got orders to North Carolina and will be moving there in January. We cannot wait. Christopher is anxious, as usual, Johnathan is excited, Dawn is excited, and of course David, now 2, doesn't care!

We did indeed go to Iowa in Septembe,r and had a great time. Kirsty is a beautiful young woman of course and the boys stayed overnight with her and just had a great time! Then, we went to the NASCAR races with myself, Justin, and Christopher up in Kansas City. we went to qualifying, to the ARCA race, then the Nationwide race, and then the Sprint Cup race! I'm telling ya, it was a GREAT weekend! Christopher had a great time, we all did. There is always so much to do at the races, and so much of it is free. I tell ya what, if you live in or near a city that is having a race weekend, go up there, park for free at the speedway, and just stay outside the gates and check out all the stuff there is to do--driver interviews, car manufacturer displays, driver displays, chances to win stuff, free stuff, Sprint stuff, just fun. I don't go and give them my ticket until time for driver introductions because I'm just having too much fun outside the gates!! It's a blast!

So, on to David. David is currently diagnosed with "Global developmental delay" which is often a precursor to an Autism diagnosis. He is an enigma. He is 2 and has 3 words-maybe 4, if we say that "GAAAAA" is "go." lol He doesn't play pat-a-cake, or interactive games like that, he won't sit for a moment, he has no fear. It's hard to keep an eye on him all the time, but I manage! He is getting better, he has decided he really likes the book The Very Busy Spider, so now he will let me read it to him-though he won't let me finish a page before turning it to the next page. He will now watch a video for 10 or 15 minutes before gtting bored.

So, in January, we are also going on a cruise-the day after we get back, the movers will come!! OMG, I am freaked out. I have so much to do between Dec. 25 and Jan. 4..because I have to get the house packed up and separated while at the same time packing for a cruise, so that as soon as we come back, movers can take what they're taking and I can take what I'm taking and so forth and so own. Just flipped out.

Stress stress stress!!! But the cruise is going to be great. Mom adn Daddy are coming with us adn I'm so excited. It's gonna be great!!

No comments: