Monday, March 13, 2006

Went to ER last night

Rich and I got into a pretty big fight (remember, he's staying with me while he accumulates the money for deposit and rent) yesterday and I think maybe I ultimately just had a panic attack, I don't know.

But, we went to my mom's, it was Kirsty's b-day, so we went there and we were getting ready to leave. I was transferring carseats when suddenly I didn't feel right. I felt like I wasn't even in my own body, just kind of surreal feeling.

Then when I got inside, I was overcome by hotness, shakiness, my legs felt like lead. I went to the restroom to try to wash my face off with some cool water, but couldn't stand up. Rich followed me back and tried to get me up and I just couldn't.

So my mom came back and they got me into bed. My mom checked my bp and my sugar. BP was 90/60 and sugar was 146 (A little high since I'm normally hypoglycemic, but I'd had some cake).

Eventually, they took me to ER to have my sodium levels tested.

Everything came back okay, even my sodium, so the ER doc sent me home. They did give me some Phenergen for the nausea I was feeling, but that was it.

But he sent me home with a halter monitor for my heart that I have to wear for 24 hours. He thought maybe my heart started racing (since I do have a history of fast pulse) and that is maybe what caused my seeming attack.

I don't know what was wrong. I haven't felt right for four days thought and it seemed maybe it just culminated in that.

So anyway, I'm wearing the monitor now and need to schedule an appt. with my doc for Wed. to have the results looked at.

No comments: