I took Christopher to a therapist. The poor kid is certain no one likes him, and he can't do anything. He gets frustrated so, so easily. He messes up the slightest bit in homework, and he's done. He can't do it. That's what he's convinced of. It takes me forever to get him to keep working.
So, we go to the therapist, who says his symptoms "scream" ADHD. Not what I wanted to hear. I don't even know if I believe it. I told him I would let Christopher see Joan, my psychiatric NP. I'm not sure I want him on meds though. I don't want his brain to shrink or her personality to suffer. These drugs, they're just all so new. :(
And then there's mom. It's all my fault you know. It's because I don't spend enough time with him. Okay. That helps. Thanks, mom. Mom now thinks I suck at being a mother by the way. I don't do *anything* "the way I used to." And "Ever since Rich and I split up" I do things differently. Well, yeah, of course I do. I'm not married to Rich anymore!! Ugh.
1 comment:
(((((((hugs)))))) This too shall pass
Post a Comment