I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
My mom fell off the porch and broke her ribs last week. We normally go out for Chinese on Thanksgiving, but she wasn't up to it. I couldn't stand the idea of going without her, so I agreed to cook....at her house...big mistake. yeah, I knew what I was doing. I've never done Thanksgiving before, but I can figure out how to cook a turkey, some INSTANT mashed potatoes (how hard is that??), some stuffing, a broccoli casserole I've been fixing for years, green beans, and cornbread. We bought pumpkin pie. This is NOT that hard.
Well, my mom couldn't let ME do it! She sat in the kitchen the entire time screaming "OY! OY OY OY!" every time she moved, all the while telling me, "okay, do this...do that..don't forget.." UGH!! Just let me do it for heaven's sake!! She even gave me step-by-step instructions-get this-on how to remove the cooked turkey from the oven!! SAY WHAT?! lol
All in all, we had a good meal. It was not elaborate like our Christmas meals that mom starts cooking four days in advance, but it was nice, and mom didn't have to do it. I really wanted her to go into the living room and relax and just let me do it. But she just couldn't give it up.
ANYWAY, the kids enjoyed.
I called Rich on Monday to tell him the kids had Wed. through Sun. off and to see did he want them....of course he didn't. After all, he was spending T-giving with his girlfriend. I still don't know if he'll see them at all. I just don't get it. If I were the non-custodial parent and had a chance to spend 4-5 days with my kids-how could I NOT take it?? Why?? Because he wants to hang out with a woman that he calls his girlfriend but usually refers to as "that bitch." I mean seriously? My poor kids.
At least their step-dad gives a shit.
2 comments:
Your ex is crazy and needs to get his priorities in order because he will truly regret this later when the kids want nothing to do with him.
Your mom sounds funny. I wonder why she just could not let you do it. You all should have just ordered chinese and picked it up. That is what I would have done. MMMM, chinese food.
That's EXACTLY what we should have done Tina!! lol
Post a Comment