I don't even know why I care...I have watched maybe 10 episodes since this show started. But, I watched the season premier. Man, she rubbed me the wrong way. Saying things like, "Why are you taking pictures of me? Look! there's another mom over there! Why am I so exciting?"
SERIOUSLY? I get so irritated with celebrities-both the "reality" kind and the "acting/music" kind who balk at the "paparazzi." You know what? YOU asked for it! You want the fame, you want the money, you want the notoriety-but on your own terms. It doesn't work that way. You'll take your money from your fans, but then you complain that they want to see more of you. You get angry and upset that they are "hounding" you or standing 200 feet away taking pics of your kids' birthday party-get over it! You have your millions. you don't want to deal with the media? Simple solution. Give it up. Take your money, sell your house, and move to effing Bolivia and STFU. Stop wallowing in it and then complain that it's in your face all the time. You wanted the fame and fortune-you've got it. Suck it up. "We" (fans) are good enough for you to make millions, but they are "insane" at book signings? Those are the people giving you your money!
I noticed on the premier, they go to a mall. You hear Kate inside the vehicle say, "Get out quickly, the paparazzi are after us." Then, one of the little ones says, as he exits the van, "What's the paparazzi?" Then, it cuts to Kate's interview where she says, "When you have a 5-yo saying, 'Look! The paparazzi!' that's bad..." only that's NOT WHAT HAPPENED!! I've even already seen it on message boards-people repeating what Kate said in teh interview. The kid didn't say that! the kid asked what the paparazzi was after he heard mom say they were "after us." Sounds like a normal reaction from a 5-yo to me that has absolutely nothing to do with the four cameramen taking pictures/video.
You have cameras around you and your kids all the time, and you're bothered by the extra three or four at the shopping mall entrance? Oh, don't mind the cameras and mics shoved in your face, you're worried about the ones 100 feet away? Puh-lease.
What do I have to say about Jon and Kate Plus 8? Quit the freaking show, concentrate on your marriage, and Jon--NOT spending the night with your girlfriend and letting her drive your new hotrod might be a good idea, too.
2 comments:
This show is generating some opinions,that is for sure.
I agreethough. They seemed mroe focused on looking good for show than actually telling the truth, confronting each other, and working things out. Not one of them said they loved each other and wanted the marriage to work, neither one. I think they are lying to everyone, including them selves.
I totally agree. In fact, when I watched it and heard "I'm here for the kids..." etc. I told dh, "You know, there's no way it's lasting. Neither of them said, or even hinted to...'I'm here because I love my wife/husband and I want to work this out. We're going to make this work.'" Nope, it was "I'm here for the kids." Yeah, well, good luck with that.
Post a Comment