Well, I got a few Black Friday deals-in fact I have pretty much completed Christmas, with a savings of probably $250 for Black Friday. We left around 5AM. There was nothing we couldn't live without, so we were more leisurely, and waited until the initial trampling was complete. With the exception of horrid lines, and terrible price/register matches at K-Mart, the rest of our experiences were fine. There was a line at Kohl's but it was moving quickly and in 12 minutes or so, I was out of line. At K-Mart, we were in line for an hour or more, terribly disorganized, and none of the prices were correct. Other than that, we had a good time. Target was nice, no line there, but unfortunately by the time we made it there at 9AM, all the good deals were gone. Still picked up a few things, saved a few bucks, though. And, the really cool thing is I got "Kohl's Cash"...I got $20 to spend in Kohl's next week. There are no strings far as I can tell. It's just like cash...no minimum purchase, no $20 off $50...just $20. Spend it. Enjoy! YAY! Maybe I'll see if I can find a digital photo frame for Aunt Sarah! :)
And, David is running a high fever (above 105). He also had rigors, was lethargic, and just not himself so I took him to ER on the dr recommendation last night. Ears are clear, throat is not red, no indication of any real illness (which is one of the things that had me worried). His white blood count was "slightly" elevated, but otherwise, his CBC was normal. Also had a clear chest X-ray. So, really we have no idea what's wrong. Doc gave him Zithromax because the fever was so high, and we just couldn't rule out bacteria, but the fever has not really responded, and he's had two out of five total doses, so I have to call dr tomorrow morning. ER doc last night said to call dr if he wasn't better by tomorrow. His fever is still only staying down for a couple hours with medication, spiking again before we even can give him more.
Got our Christmas tree up yesterday too. The boys decorated most of it, I got a few pics (not many this time :( ). We enjoyed it. Dawn helped to decorate, but kept dropping ornaments so she ultimately went to her room as she was annoyed.
Mom also got her decorations up...she fancied the place up this year. Maybe she is extra nervous after the cancer. I only pray that she has lots more Christmases to decorate up. I did some research on survival, progression, and recurrence, and the numbers aren't great...but numbers don't mean everything.
And...109 days to cruise and counting!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment