Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter is tomorrow

And I've done NOTHING to really prepare spiritually. I feel like an utter failure. A horrible Christian, a worse mother. The other day, someone asked Christopher if he was ready for the Easter bunny, and he had no idea what she was talking about. I had not even told him it was almost Easter.

And, you know how families are supposed to get together to celebrate the wondrous occasion of Christ's return from the grave, his holy sacrifice for us as sinners? Nope, we're going out to eat chinese because I'm such a crappy daughter that I can't manage to get it together enough to cook a ham. I just feel terrible.

And let's not even address how badly I'm failing my Lord and Savior. I won't be in church tomorrow, I haven't spiritually prepared, I haven't even read my Bible since I left Rich. I just can't bring myself to do so. I feel like it's wrong somehow. Like I'm out of God's grace.

I guess I'm just not feeling very good right now.

No comments: