Well, it's ten days to Christmas-the kids are insane excited! We went to a party and Santa visit on base on Saturday. They had a blast-made ornaments, even saw Santa. I was in shock that Christopher went anywhere near Santa! I'll post a couple pics at the bottom.
Rich is still being a dumbass. The cops are now looking for him and his truck. He won't turn it back in-that's a felony. He hasn't paid on it in months. It's stealing. He's been working here and there, but claims he doesn't have the money to buy food for the kids-whatever.
We pick up Kendra on Friday (the 19th) and will take her back on the 26th. I am not looking forward to traveling on the day after Christmas, but it'll be okay.
We are going shopping tomorrow to hopefully finish everything up. The boys' Christmas will be pared down this year. We just don't have the money, and we still have Kenn's girls to buy for, as well as Timothy and Matthew. I haven't bought anything for my parents either. So, we still have a lot to do. And not much to do it with. but, nonetheless I'm getting excited. I enjoy Christmas a lot.
Mom fell off the porch and broke her ribs about three weeks ago-so she's not enjoying it much. We need to bake some more cakes and I imagine I'll be doing a lot of the Christmas cooking. I went over and we made pecan pies and cookie dough last weekend, but then I bent the beaters when I caught my spoon in them. So now I have to take over my mixer. I also need to get together everything I need to make what I normally make.
Getting nervous, as I'm sure I'm forgetting something! But, the tree is up, and it's pretty, and we have lights on outside for the first time in many years for me. They're not much, but it at least shows we are a little into the Christmas spirit!
Now, for a couple pictures:
1 comment:
Handsome boys you have.
And remember, you can only control your own actions. I have to remind myself that frequently.
Merry Christmas
(I'm loving the more frequenty updates.)
Post a Comment