Sunday, December 07, 2008

Johnathan is my Angel!

I can't believe how he's been. I've been sick. And pretty much stuck in bed. Kenn has taken the kids to their basketball games and all of that, but not very "nurturing"...he hasn't really, you know, offered to get me a drink, or asked me would I like some dinner or cooked dinner for the kids or anything. He did get up with the kids in the morning and make sure they don't kill each other, but not really that "caretaking" like I'd kind of have liked.

HOWEVER, Johnathan, my 5-yo has been the MOST incredible little caretaker in all the world!! He came up and laid in bed with me, he told me "I will take care of you while you're sick, Mommy, because you take care of me when you're okay." How sweet is that? The wild thing is...he did. He made me sandwiches (my 5-yo has NEVER made a sandwich by himself). My 7-yo made his first sandwich alone during this time, but when I asked him to make me one, he said, "Make dad do it!" lol But, no, not my 5-yo. He jumped up and said, "I'll make you a sandwich mommy."

They were watching a movie and wanted popcorn. My 5-yo went in, got the popcorn and put in the microwave (again, something I've never allowed him to do alone, but he does already know which button to push, but I'm always supervising). He got out three bowls, and he poured the popcorn into each of hte three bowls--making sure Mommy's bowl was the biggest. He came out, with first my bowl and brother's bowl, stated, "Dinner is served!" then went back and got his own.

He repeatedly asked, "Can I get you a pop or some water mommy? Are you thirsty?" I mean, I'm so, so, so proud.

And as emotional as I've been-I just couldn't hold in the tears. My 7-yo, man I love him, and he'll help if I ask, and sometimes insist, but he doesn't just jump right in there like ds2 did this weekend. I'm just amazed, and so hopeful that he stays that way.

I've had so many problems with this little guy with school, but this sensitivity-wow! :)

2 comments:

Tina Michelle said...

I am sorry that you have been sick. What a sweet little man you have there. I hope he continues with this sensitive side and his heart grows even bigger!

Anonymous said...

Everytime we want to eat our children, they do something so incredibly sweet that just melts our heart.

Bless you and your boys (even the insensitive ones).

Prayers that this sickness is short lived and the only one.