Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Santa has come and gone...and I don't think it's enough! lol

Santa doesn't wrap presents here. They are all set up and there's a big "Whoa" moment when kids wake up. It's magical-sparkly-incredible. Or at least, it always was for me. When I was a kid, there wasn't all this techno-crap...I mean, yeah, I guess when I was a little bit older the Odyssey and Atari had hit and there was that, but still-Barbies and trucks and bikes, and wagons, and go-carts, whatever. you know? BIG stuff. So, the "WHOA" moment was pretty big.

Well, I just set everything up-and despite having spent around $700 on Christmas for the kids alone (3 of them), I'm really disappointed in the presentation. It just doesn't jump out. Of course, included are five video games and an mp3 player-kinda hard to make those items "big" you know? They just don't take up much space! I'm also worried because, after I'd bought most of the stuff, Christopher set his heart on a Nintendo DS. He also wanted an iPod. I couldn't afford either, but was able to get a Zen Creative 4GB mp3 WITH video. I'm hoping he'll be satisfied with that. I know Christmas isn't about "stuff" and I try to talk to the kids about that all the time, but I just love to GIVE and we don't give the kids much at all during the year. Some people do $500 parties and $200 gifts at birthdays-we don't. We do $20 gifts and a small gathering of family only with cake and ice cream (and our family is tiny). So, Christmas is THE toy-receiving party of the year. It's truly about the only time during the entire year the kids get anything worth more than $10-15, and they don't get that kind of stuff often.

I have to say my 5-yo has been so sweet though..he keeps pulling stuff out of his room to wrap for me, dh, my parents. Things keep appearing under the tree. I have no idea what the are and the wrapping is of course atrocious! lol But, it's so sweet. He's really into the "giving" part. Which makes me happy. He gave Kenn a marker, I know that. lol And he picked out my dad's gift-he picked out a snowman with a jingle bell in his belly. He is CERTAIN Grandaddy is going to LOVE it! lol I'm sure he will, because it came from ds. Kendra (Kenn's daughter) also has colored Kenn and me coloring pages and wrapped them herself and put stickers on them to Kenn and me. lol Christopher...he apparently doesn't give a rat's ass, so maybe it's good he's not getting exactly what he wants, the little snot!! lol

anyway, I am wide awake. I'm so anxious! But truth be known I'm also fighting a horrible urge to try to find a Walmart that's still open so I can buy more stuff!! I won't...but I want to!

1 comment:

Tina Michelle said...

Wow, they are getting a lot of stuff. We spent less than $90 on all the food and gifts for the 3 kids. They only get one gift for Christmas and one gift for birthday from us ever.

We will be sitting around the house relaxing all day and staying calm so I can work tonight. I have a lot of cleanin and organizing to do. I have to find room in the girl's room for the new stuff and find a place to store the new wagon. No one helped me clean yesterday, as usual, so I have a ton of dishes and other crap to get done. I always say I will never have it at my house and then I do. I just prefer to have my kids at my house and not be drug around or be taken to a restaurant or something.

Your son is so cute. He sounds super sweet. So, does the 6yo step daughter live with you all? You do not wrap anything or you just do not wrap the big gift? My mom always left the big santa gift out and wrapped the smaller things.

I hope you have a wonderful Chritmas. I think you should post pics! LOL