Well, folks, David is here! :) He was born weighing almost a pound more than the estimation (thank God). He was 6 lbs, 2.5 oz., and 18.5 inches long (little shorty! The boys were both 20 inches!). He had Apgars of 8/8...pretty dang good for a small 38-weeker! He "assessed out" at 35w5d, but no one can figure out why, as he's strong, he needed NO respiratory support (not even oxygen at birth like Johnathan needed), he can hold his head steady even! We KNOW he was 38 weeks, so the assessment is irrelevant anyway.
I also had my tubes tied. This is something we've been batting around, but unfortunately we had to make a final decision with only 15 hours' notice. In the end, we had thankfully already talked to my OB, who really felt (I think I posted hits already) that I needed to have my tubes tied or some other permanent b/c, although the Mirena was an option. I made the final decision when I walked into L&D to check in. My body can't do this again and I'm too damn old anyway. I'm sad in a way to know I will never again feel a baby kick inside me, or, after this one, nurse another baby. But, I also know this is the best thing for me, my body, and my family--seriously, 6 kids total is ENOUGH! I never intended to have six kids. So, I think I've got enough. Plus, there's Kirsty (Rich's oldest daughter) who is still part of my life too.
The boys are crazy about David, and Christopher asks to hold him a lot. We give David the "pinkyfier" (pinky+pacifier=pinkyfier) because David is having some latch issues with nursing and I don't yet feel comfortable giving him a paci. We had to pump for the first few days and cup feed him to get food into him because he just couldn't latch. He is improving day by day though. He apparently has a high palate, a recessed jaw, and a small posterior tongue-tie. But, we're working through it and I'm confident we will have a long and satisfying nursing relationship!
The dogs don't quite know what to do. Bandit (my Australian Cattle Dog) whines and cries when the baby cries-like he apparently thinks I don't hear him. Baby has to cry pretty loud to elicit this response as Bandit doesnt' hear well, but when he hears it, it apparently upsets him. Mojo (rat terrier/chihuahua) OTOH, seems rather oblivious. He's not showing jealousy that David is in my arms instead of him though, and that's really all I was worried about!
David lost 8 ounces in the hospital before we left and weighed 5 lbs, 11 oz. when we left. We have an appt tomorrow for his first well baby check.
I gave him a bath today-he's not a fan. lol
I will see if I can manage to post some pics now. :)
(and ACK (you know who you are)...feel free to carry this to your board with a "OMG, she had a baby!" post! Heck, you can even post pictures of my most recent victim...errr, baby.... ;) )
1 comment:
Okay, I can move my pics around after I have them on my blog by clicking on them and draggin them. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I sometimes have to save the pics on my blog then go back later to move them around. Sometimes it only works on my laptop and not my desktop! LOL
I also choose to post the pics in the middle of the page and not the left or right when uploading them. I think that helps. I then choose to put the words in the middle of the page by messing with the top buttons on the posting part. I hope this helps. I just kept playing with my blog and posting ideas before finally getting it to work. It does not always work for me though so good luck. You can always email me, maybe I can help more tauvamomof2@yahoo.com
Thanks for responding on my what to do post. I am pretty much just forgetting they exist for a little while. I rarely talk about my dad or anyone over there and it has been so much more peaceful than when we actually talked and I was always worried about what they were saying about me or going to say to me about my decisions. It is calming to let loose and not care and not be consumed with them. I dread going to my sister's reception and having to face them but that is a month away and I have plenty of time to get over it.
Post a Comment