Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I'm a survivor

I feel like Reba McIntyre in her theme song for Reba. I wish I had her house for my kids, but really, I'm like her. And I'm surviving. I get down a lot thinking about all the things I might not be able to do for the boys, but by gosh, I'm doing this thing. On my own. And I can be proud of that.

When Christopher starts school, as long as they have latchkey, I am pretty sure I'm going to start looking for an outside job. I think I can handle it. There's a firm that has one guy I used to work with that will probably be looking for a legal assistant in the not-so-distant future. If they haven't hired anyone when I'm ready, I think I've probably got an inroad there.

I'm feeling stronger and stronger living alone. I have my nights (see my entry a few entries ago), but for the most part, I'm starting to be okay with things. I would be even better if I could just find room to scrap!

A single mom who works two jobs, who loves her kids and never stops, with gentle hands and the heart of a fighter...I'm a survivor!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you are, dearheart! You're a survivor through & through!

sarsie said...

Aw shucks. Thanks!