Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Kindergarten

We met Christopher's teacher yesterday. She seems really sweet. She's young, probably not long out of college, so I think she's going to be vibrant and still excited to be teaching little ones. The room was set up really well. I admit to being worried about how the resources would be since it is a minority school as well as 95% economically disadvantaged. But, the room was set up great, they even have a "Smart Board" which is like an interactive screen that is the size of a normal projector type screen, but the kids can touch it, change things on it, move things around. They're really neat. And, they have three computers for the kids to learn on too. That's great since Christopher can't "play" with my computer. It's my lifelihood, I can't risk screwing it up. I might see about getting a new one in a few months, and then maybe having this one hooked up for Christopher. I don't know.

Anyway, he starts officially on Thursday, where he'll go Thursday, then he will return on the following Monday full time.

I'm working on getting Tiny into Head Start. I've called them and am waiting on a call back.

No comments: