Friday, August 11, 2006

Talledega Nights

Think I'm going to go see this movie tomorrow night. I am looking forward to it. I wonder if it paints the really bad redneck NASCAR stereotype? I bet it does. But that's okay, because I think poking fun at a stereotype is one way to counter that stereotype. I'll be interested to see if "Talledegan Nights" changes anything in the real racing world. Wonder if it will create fans, turn fans away, neither at all? I wonder if it will mirror Days of Thunder at all. Tom Cruise versus Will Ferrell!

Christopher is still working on writing his name. He's not so good. I'm worried about how the Kindergarten teachers will handle him.

I can't believe I'm sending my baby to school. Monday we have a "meet and greet" session with the teacher. I guess I should inform Rich just in case he wants to go. I hadn't even thought of that! Anyway, Monday is the meet and greet, then he goes Thursday for one full day, then starts the following Monday full time. I just can't believe I'm sending my baby, my firstborn, the baby that took 18 months to get ahold of, and another 9 months to finally see....to Kindergarten! To school!! Away from me for hours and hours with 25 other kids, with only a teacher to meet his needs. And my poor baby is always hungry! He can't get snacks. What will the teachers say to his constantly asking for something to eat? Will they get frustrated with him? Oh, and how is he going to be around other kids? Oh, I think I'm definitely more anxious than he is!

On another note, we've been having issues with lying. He hasn't learned it from anyone-he doesn't have anyone to learn it from. He just figured out that he can lie. He'll push Tiny down and when Tiny starts crying, he turns and hollers, "It was Mojo!" No, dear, the dog did not push Tiny down. If Tiny is in another room and Christopher knocks something over, "It was Tiny!" I don't know what to do about it. I've threatened to wash his mouth out with soap for dirtying his mouth with lies. I've spanked him once and threatened to do it every time he tells a lie. I just don't know how to stop it and it's getting really annoying. I don't like spanking, but nothing seems to work-time outs have totally lost their effectiveness. *sigh* Parenthood...

No comments: