Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Court is Thursday/Christopher writes his name

Court on the PFA is Thursday. Rich called this morning and I told him I didn't want to keep the kids away from him after that. But, I feel like I really need to go to court and get the orders clarifying MY custody rights, and that he can't come in my house. I felt incredibly violated when he did what he did, and I'll not allow that to happen again.

Christopher is starting to write his name pretty decently. We've been working on it. I need to get him a Big Chief tablet, and I think he'll really take off. He's also been better at stopping the PlayStation to work on his name, or play with toys, or just do things other than that. Today, we played Don't Spill the Beans a couple of times, then the boys took a bath, then they basically played together the rest of the night with very few returns to the PS2. I know I should be able to just say "no", but when I have to use SOMETHING to keep him occupied while I work, it makes that easier said than done. I'm really trying to kind of move him away voluntarily for the most part.

Johnathan is Johnathan. He is really throwing some fits. I don't know what to do with him. If I tell him "no" to something he wants, he'll just stand there and scream at the top of his lungs! And he's got some lungs, let me tell you. I just don't know what to do. He's so damn independent minded. I wake up some mornings to him getting into the refrigerator to get out an apple or some other treat. Many mornings, he pulls out the hot dogs, and wow, does he get mad when I won't let him have hot dogs for breakfast!

I am talking to new people myself. I'm ready to start to move on. I really need to get this divorce filed and get done with it. If I could get a congressional hearing or two, I could do that. I'm enjoying some new found confidence in myself, freedom of thought, beginning to be happier. I hope it lasts.

No comments: