Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Developmental problems?!

Dr. Barker wants Christopher to undergo a developmental assessment tomorrow. She's concerned about his gross motor and some fine motor skills. I personally think it's because she wanted him to do things he doesn't usually do. I mean, come on..walk on your heels? What 5-yo, who JUST turned 5, knows what that means without demonstration? I felt like she totally blamed me, like I am a bad mother. I know Christopher plays too much PlayStation, but it's the only way I get work done.

Maybe I should just go back to work outside the home full time. At least that way he gets consistent interaction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it would be a good idea to work outside the home, or put the kids in a pre-school program. It can be pretty bad for kids to be sitting in front of the tv/playstation for large periods of the day.

sarsie said...

Thanks for the unsolicited parenting advice. Think I'll leave it.