Sunday, January 01, 2006

Getting into a funk

Let's admit it. I think I need a new psychologist or something. I haven't been to one, mind you. But, I wonder if I have the right diagnosis. I go from being pretty good, even ecstatic, to totally down. There's nto really a reason.

The other night, I had what seems to be another panic attack. I can't figure out why I seem to be having these. I just get real hot, shaky, I can't think, my heart palpitates, I get sweaty, then I get cold, I can't breathe, I get hot again, I can't breathe, can't stand up, get dizzy. It's just really ugly.

And complicating issues is my blood sugar going bonkers. One morning I get up and my fasting sugar is 120. The next, it's 85. I think I have pre-diabetes. If I don't eat right, my sugar will crash-been down to 31.

So, I don't know if these spells I've been having are related to blood sugar, or panic attacks. One would think on 40 mg of Paxil it's not panic attacks, since I have never really had them and Paxil is an anti-anxiety so you wouldn't think I'd start having them now, yet the past month or two has been really roller-coastery and full of these "spells." I think I might just have to break down and visit a psych of some kind to try to figure out what on earth is going on!

No comments: