Friday, January 06, 2006

I'm sad and can't sleep

Yes--again.

I sit here at 12:15 AM today, Saturday, thinking of someone that I know plans to get an abortion in a few hours. I know that these words may be read by people who know who I'm talking of, perhaps even her, I'm sorry. But, this is my blog and I need to get this out. I'm just so upset. I feel like this woman has been misled. I feel like this abortion is not necessary, contrary to her belief that it is. I have prayed and prayed about this and it's not that I judge *her*...I don't. But I sit here so sad knowing that today, a child will die. I know it happens. Every day. I know abortions take place-much further along than this woman's. I know this. But I try to avoid it. I can't handle the emotional strain of it all. I hate abortion. I really, truly hate it. I think it's murder. I think most women are not well educated as to what it's about. Children die every day-some totally electively, others as a result of misguided medical advice. Some are necessary-those being when the choice is CLEARLY between mother's life and child's life. But, an abortion based on a possibility that may not even come to fruition-it just hurts my soul. Hurts my heart. I've been with her through this journey-likely more than she knows. I feel her pain. I will be there for her when it's over. I just pray for the soul that will never be.

No comments: