Saturday, January 21, 2006

Yesterday straight up sucked.

Here was basically how my day was:

Got up, got my coffee, got ds1 ready for school. Took him to school at 8:50, then took ds2 with me to get my hair cut. Planned to go to Wal-Mart and then downtown to The Aquarium to get my new turtle tank. Well, by the time I get done with the hair, it's 10:30. Ds1 gets out of school at 11:50. Not really enough time to go to Wal-Mart OR downtown.

So, I bring ds2 home, get him a snack, have him watch some tube/SpongeBob while I try to pick up a little and check the boards.

Went to pick up ds1 from school, then head to WM. The kids argue the whole time about whether ds1 is going to watch SpongeBob when we get home, or whether ds2 is going to play PS2. Either/or occurs on the same TV. Here's the convo: Ds1: "I'm going to play the game when we get home." Ds2: "I want to wach SpongeBob." Ds1: "No." Ds2: *SCREAM* "SpongeBob!" Ds1: "No!" Ds2: "SPOOOOOONNNNNNGEEEEBOOBBBBBBB!!!" Ds2: "No!" Finally I get them to stop, then, Ds1: "Haha, you can't watch SpongeBob. I'm going to pay the game" Ds2: *scream cry, scream, cry*. Finally I say, "STOP IT!! JUST SHUT UP! Christopher-you can play the game, Johnathan-you can watch SpongeBob on my computer!"

They hush, that's settled.

We got to WM, go to McDonald's, eat, goes okay.

I take my filter that was defective back to WM, get my money, go to buy a new filter, realize I need to wait. I take my film for developing back to the back, take ds1 to get his hair cut at SmartStyle in WM.

I pick up a new plastic toothbrush holder that won't break, and I plan to buy some decorations for the tank...they don't have anything really that I like or that's affordable. I pass on it. End up buying just the toothbrush holder and some candy for the boys.

Go out to the car-my battery's dead. I left my lights on (it was raining). *sigh*

I now suddenly remember that I didn't have enough money in the bank for the bank draft for my insurance-which has roadside assistance. I don't know at this poitn if I even have insurance active. I call the insurance company to see if I can get a jumpstart. Luckily, I still have insurance, and they send out a service provider.

for an hour, I'm in my car-in the cold, waiting for a service provider. The kids were too rowdy and tired for me to take back into the store if I could avoid it. We all had coats and Johnathan even had a blanket. So it wasn't *too* bad, really, and it was 33 degrees outside. So as long as we were out of the wind, we managed. Ds2 fell asleep. So much for a nap. Ds2 bounced around the van, bopping ds1 to wake him up. Finally I find some stickers for him to put on this find-the-picture thing. I'm trying to accomplish some business with my cellphone meanwhile. Ds1 is driving me batty.

Finally get my jump start. By now it's 2:30, I still have to go downtown to get the tank, sdd will be home in an hour, and she has her "boyfriend" and his parents coming over tonight at 6:30. The house is a pigsty.

I head downtown, I get my tank from a confused group of people. While there, ds1 has to poop. This is a tiny store that serves mostly repeat customers of salt-water tanks; there's no public restroom. But, they let him use the employee restroom. I let him go, then the owner lady comes out adn tells me he seems confused about whether he has to poop or pee, and hands me his coat. Meanwhile, ds2 is running around all these tanks looking at "Nemo fish." Ds2 is my crazy one, so I have to keep a close eye on him.

Meanwhile I look at the filters for the tanks and realize that these are just too expensive and I'll have to return to Wal-Mart.

I finally get ds1 taken care of, the tank out to the van and everyone loaded up.

By the time I get out of there, I've spent $55, and wasted yet another hour. I call sdd on the way home (she's on the bus), tell her I'll meet her at home and I need her to please watch the boys for me while I run BACK to WM to get what we need for the tank, and she needs to get the kitchen and living room cleaned up, and wipe down the restroom.

I get home, drop of the kids, get ds1 set up with the PS2 (no, he hasn't forgotten) and ds2 set up on the computer to watch SpongeBob (no, he hasn't forgotten either). Ds2 is soaking wet, ahving peed his pants on the way home, and extremely tired. I tell Kirsty-just give them whatever they want, just make it easy on yourself.

I return to WM. I get what I need for the tank, a couple of groceries, and some dog food. BAM there went $131. I'm exhausted. But I have to hurry home because it's now almost 6 and the "boyfriend" is supposed to be there at 6:30.

I rush around trying to help Kirsty get the rest of stuff cleaned up. I try to find a way to get all my decorations which I'd put away at Christmas, back out and arranged. I'm running, the kids are tired, I'm tired, and I've got to get them dinner!! Leftover mac & cheese! Alright!! They eat.

We get everything done right at 6:30. Bf calls-can they come alittle later as they're eating. Fine, don't care. Whatever.

Sdd helps me get the tank in from the car, I start setting up this 30-gallon tank. No small task mind you.

Nearly 8:00, I ask sdd where this freaking group of people is at. She calls...now they want to meet tomorrow. (today)...HELL NO! I'm busy all day. They're inconsiderate assholes. Now I'm pissed and losing control.

I put ds2 to bed. He screams, throwing a fit because he didn't get a nap really and is just out of control tired. I spank him. I feel bad because reallyi he's just so tired nad if I'd just left him in there, he'd have laid down eventually. I was just so stressed. Now, a "spanking" fo rhim (30 months), is really just a pop on the leg, but still. It wasn't necessary. I just was that out of cotnrol by then. I realize this, walk out. He's done crying adn asleep in 10 minutes.

I take some Risperdal, tell sdd I'm going to take a bath, I bought some aromatherapy with euchalyptus and chamomille. I take my bath, do my hair because I got a new cut and want dh to see it and he's been workign a side job and isn't home yet.

Ds1 is highly needy for some reason adn I finally scream, "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" He whines but goes and lays down.

Dh gets home at about 10:30, his side job friend took him out to have a few drinks. He shouldn't have driven. And, he wants Taco Bell. and if I don't go get it he will. He can't drive. I get dresseed, go to Taco Bell, get stopped by a train. come home, find dh asleep. I am pissed, wake him up and throw hsi food at him.

Finally about 11, everyone's in bed but me, and I spend the next two hours trying to calm down and relax on the computer.

I get to sleep about 1:30, woke up at 6 AM and couldn't go back to sleep.

So here I am.

Dear Lord, help me get through the day.

No comments: