Friday, January 13, 2006

Today's the day

My psych appointment is today. I'm so nervous! I guess we'll see how it goes. The kids don't have school today so Kirsty will watch the boys.

Speaking of Kirsty-boy does she have it coming, I'm afraid. When we got her that cell phone for Christmas, we made it clear that the rules were still in effect. No calls after 9 on weeknights, 10 on weekends. No getting calls--no making calls. Last night, she wanted a friend to stay the night, so we said that was fine. I talked to her before her friend got here and told her that I didn't want to catch her on the phone after 10 and that if I did - no one would be spending the night next weekend.

Well, come 1 AM, guess what I find? Yep. Kirsty's on the phone. I took the phone away and just walked out. So, I look at her call history. She has not only been making and receiving calls all hours of the night (and accepting them) on weekends-but also school days. Then she comes home one day and tells me Mr. Ruiz let her lay down in first hour! Why did you need to lay down, Kirsty? Cuz I was tired...gee I wonder why!? You were on the phone at 12:30 in the freakin' morning!

Ugh. I don't know why she thinks we just fell off the tater wagon. She apparently doesn't "get" that we WILL catch her. And that sucks because she's sneaky like that, and I really wanted to be able to trust her, and now I can't.

Now, because I can't trust her-no one will be able to be over here while she's babysitting the boys. I just can't trust her to do as I ask her to.

And that just sucks.

No comments: